Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tower of Power - revisted

I finally made Andy's Power of Tower breakfast!  I don't know why it took me this long, but it won't be that long before I make it again.  It's great!  We made a few modifications based on personal preferences and what we had around.  First, we didn't have any cherry tomatoes, so we left those out.  I will definitely try to have them on hand next time.  I think they would add a lot to this dish.  I would probably sprinkle some balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes at the end of their cooking, and maybe leave the vinegar off the spinach.  I think the vinegar flavor is good, but it didn't come through as much as I would have liked on the spinach.  Second, we went with the "if the knife touches onions, it may as well touch garlic" theory.  To do this, we put some butter and minced garlic in a dish, then microwaved them until the butter was melted.  When the sweet potatoes were done, we brushed the garlic and butter over them and put them back in the oven briefly.  Finally, I sprinkled some grated swiss cheese over the whole thing at the end.  I liked this (I mean, it's cheese, so....), but it didn't add a ton.  Maybe if I had higher quality cheese this would have added more.  In the end, I feel full and satisfied in that "we had a good special breakfast" way, but not gross or bloated, and ready to get moving.

Thanks for the great idea, Andy!

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment