Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cauliflower Soup

Hey all!

I'm not posting this because it's a new, superb, or life changing recipe.  Nope.  Just posting it in case you've been stuck making the same few meals lately.  I find that I forget that certain foods exist and so I never make them.

I was reminded of cauliflower soup the other day for some reason, so I decided to whip up a simple batch.  It hit the spot on these chilly 68 degree days we've been having.

So anyway, while nothing special, I decided to post it in case you forgot how good and easy cauliflower soup is.

1 onion
2 celery stalks
2 carrots
garlic, some
1 head of cauliflower
4 cups of broth
1 cup of milk
bay leaves
S & P

I just chopped up my onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and threw them in a pot with some butter til they softened.  Then I threw in the chopped up cauliflower and bay leaves.  Once it looked good, I threw in my liquids and simmered until the cauliflower was tender.  Then I used an immersion blender to make it a "cream of" soup.

I'll tell ya, it really hits the spot.  You could be FAR more creative than I was and maybe throw some cayenne in with the bay leaves to give it some kick.  There's a lot more you could do with spices and seasonings.

Simple, healthy (if milk doesn't offend you), and lends itself VERY well to dipping bread!

P.S.  Dad, if you read this, can you add mollyschad23@gmail.com to this blog so that I don't have to sign into my old email account to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment