Saturday, January 23, 2016

Marinated Mushrooms

I recognize that this might be the wrong crowd cause most of ya'll have some weird aversion to mushrooms, but has anyone tried making marinated mushrooms?  I guess I'm mostly asking Mom/Dad since most everyone else probably doesn't love them.

I just tried some for the first time this week.  Turned out pretty good, but needs some tweaking.  Here's what I did...


  • Boil 8oz of mushrooms until just tender.
  • Throw them in a bowl with equal parts olive oil and vinegar.  The recipe I was using called for white wine vinegar but all I had was apple cider.  In the future I would try a different vinegar than apple cider.
  • In the bowl add some finely diced red onion, peppercorns, oregano, red pepper flakes, a dash of brown sugar, salt, and minced garlic of course.
  • Threw that in a jar and put it in the fridge overnight.  
The result is better today (about 4 days later) than it was the day after.  As mentioned I'd try a different vinegar next time.  I think it could be fun to throw a hot pepper or something in there, but that might be weird. 

Anyway, if you've given it a try, let me know if you had some success.  It was a fun experiment.  I'm going to try it again cause I loooooove marinated mushrooms.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment