Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries

This isn't really a recipe, but do any of you all make sweet potato fries?  If not, you should.  It's become one of my favorite things to make as a side for dinner.

I just take a couple sweet potatoes and cut them up into french fry like pieces.  Toss them with some olive oil and whatever spices you want and then throw them in the oven.  Sometimes I just do salt and pepper, sometimes some cayenne, it really depends.  I just bake them for 15-20 minutes or so and then eat them with a lot of hot sauce.

Truthfully, they are just a vehicle for hot sauce, but they're great.  Don't get me wrong, I don't get a nice crisp edge or anything fancy.  If you want great fries, go to a restaurant and order them...they'll actually be fried.  But if you want an easy, healthy (I assume) side for dinner - go for it.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment