Saturday, July 12, 2014

Zucchini bread?

Does anyone have a zucchini bread recipe they like?  I tried one the other day that I thought was going to be a winner, but it ended up kinda bland.

Thanks!

Maggie


Alright, since no one posted a zucchini bread recipe, I'm going to go ahead and assume you all don't have one.  And then I'll also assume that means you need one - at least if you live anywhere where zucchini grows as fast as mine is.  I modified a recipe I found on-line and liked the results pretty well.  I significantly decreased the sugar, replaced oil with mostly butter, made muffins/cupcakes instead of a loaf, and used the mixing method that Joy of Cooking gives for banana bread.  It's different than a typical recipe's mixing method, but my banana bread always gets rave reviews and I don't think it's only due to the extra butter and chocolate chips I add (ie, I think it has good texture, too)!  :)  Here's my zucchini muffin recipe:

1 c pecans (or walnuts) - toasted, then chopped
2 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
Spices: ~1 T cinnamon, 1 t ground giner, 1/2-3/4 t nutmeg, 1/8-1/4 t cloves
1/2 c brown sugar
6 T butter
2T vegetable oil
1/2 c yogurt (plain)
1 c grated zucchini (I packed it in pretty well, and probably used a bit more than 1 c).

Mix together the dry ingredients.  Cream butter and oil with sugar.  Mix in the dry ingredients just until combined and mixture is the consistency of brown sugar.  Add eggs and yogurt and mix just until combined.  Fold in zucchini.  Spoon into muffin tin, and bake at 325-350 for 25-30 min.  Makes 12 muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment