Wednesday, September 3, 2014

One more zucchini note - bread!

One more note on zucchini:  in my never ending attempts to use up zucchini, I discovered that you can use pureed zucchini in place of water in bread and pizza dough recipes.  I usually shred mine in the food processor, then put the regular blade in to puree it, but I think a blender would work just as well.  I substitute about a pound of zucchini per pound of water (2 c water), maybe just a little extra zucchini.  It doesn't really change the flavor of the bread, but it adds all the nutrition of a zucchini.

Dad, I see you have drafts related to pickled peppers!  I can't wait to see them.  I just made a jar this past weekend, and went searching on the blog of a good recipe.  I've been eating them non-stop since Monday - mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment