Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lentils

I had a very Keck moment last night when it came to dinner.  Tom was working late and I wanted to make something that I could make quickly and easily but could be left on the stove for awhile.  One of the food blogs I search had a recipe for lentils and I was inspired.  I really felt like a Keck as I made lentils and rice for dinner.  Even more so when we both loved it.

Anyway, each time we eat lentils, which is somewhat rarely, we always enjoy it and say we should eat more of them.  That's good considering how big of a pot I made last night.  What I made was nothing new or different, but I'm wondering if you all have any standbys that you go to when you need something quick, easy, and healthy (and cheap!).

Here's what I did last night...

Threw some chopped onion, carrot, and potato in a pot with olive oil.  Stirred it around a bit and eventually added some garlic.  Once they were softened, I added turmeric, cumin, coriander, a bit of cinnamon, and cayenne.  Then I added my lentils, chicken broth (could do water), and a can of diced tomatoes.  Once it was almost done, I added some kale to wilt.  Oh and obviously some salt and pepper as you go.

We served that up with some rice (Tom added Sriracha) and really enjoyed our meal.

Anyone else have any lentil recipes?  Or something similar?

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment