Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crock Pot Meals

Well good old October seems to be creeping up on us here, and despite highs around 97 today, I'm determined to embrace autumn.  I had an early dismissal from school today and came home and baked an apple spice cake, which is currently making my house both smell delicious and feel like a sauna.  Worth it.

Anywho, I left for work yesterday morning with a pork loin in the crock pot, and decided I should try to use it more this year.  I had parent teacher conferences last night, so it was really nice to come home around 8:30 and have most of dinner cooked for me already.

I really like using the crock pot for roasts, but I was wondering if you all have other uses for them.  So many of the recipes you see online are crap and are for lazy cooks.  While I like the convenience of the crock pot, and am in that sense lazy, I still like to use real ingredients.

Care to share any ideas?

Molly

1 comment:

  1. I also would love some ideas for crockpot meals. I bought one a few years ago with the idea that it could shift some of the time we spent making dinner to the morning (though why I thought we had more time in the morning is a good question). But we've barely used it for lack of coming up with any good recipes.

    Your entry inspired me to make a pumpkin spice cake with apples in it the other evening with Will. Fun to cook with Will, but the cake was only mediocre. I took most of it to work on Friday and thus didn't have to eat too much of it.
    Happy Fall!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete