Friday, September 7, 2012

Gotta love the glop

Some nights, no matter how much you want to eat more veggies and eat healthier meals, you work after school until 5 only to have to go back for a meeting at 7.  Last night was that night.  In my brief 2 hour break, I whipped up some good ol' fashioned glop.

To be honest, this was TomCat's suggestion for dinner one night this week.  I'm proud of continuing the tradition of calling it "glop," so whenever I hear him say it, I basically have to make it.

Anyhow, I've found that glop is one meal I make completely lame-ly...yes, I just made that word up.  I literally just saute the meat, cook the pasta, and throw it all together with cheese and plain tomato sauce.  It's so satisfying.

Last night I realized that glop, like mac n cheese, can be fanc-ified or veg-ified.  This would probably be good, because in the end you're still eating pasta, cheese, sauce, and meat.  However, the addition of other ingredients would take away from the quick preparation.

I'm of the opinion that every know and then, you just need to chow down on some glop.

Molly

1 comment:

  1. No question about it, glop was one the main food groups back when we were raising 6 kids. It brings back great memories. With Mom goin' vegetarian, I don't really run into glop much these days. You're right though, it is definitely one of those basic Good Housekeeping casseroles which lends itself to a lot of upscale tweeking.

    ReplyDelete