Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mega-Muffin

Hey Fam,

I had a student leave me a very sweet note on my keyboard this morning along with a muffin.  According to her note, the muffin was sugar free.  I realized that it was a total "Mom muffin."  It definitely had oatmeal, applesauce, dried fruit, and nuts in it.  It was really packing a punch.  This girl is the youngest of five, so I feel like her Mom tried to make a mega-muffin for breakfast.  I was happy she shared one with me.  It totally reminded me of those crazy "cookies" that Mom used to make with the sunflower seeds and what not.

Moral of the story, does anyone have a great recipe that they use for things like this?  Any kind of super cookie or muffin type deal?

I haven't been cooking anything new lately - just trying to remember to eat.  Also I haven't had hot water in my house since December 7, so it's difficult to cook.  That should be getting fixed today (though admittedly they've been saying that for awhile).

Hope all is well!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment