Thursday, November 19, 2015

Veggie Bagel

After going nuts about the veggie bagel at a little breakfast place called Grandma's here in upcountry Maui...I decided it was time to recreate this simple sandwich at home.

I order it every time I go to Grandma's and have now made it at home multiple times.  I like that I can start my day out with something so fresh.  Not a bad way to jump start your daily veggie intake too.

Here's what you need..

Bagel
Cream cheese
Lettuce (or sprouts would be delish!)
Tomato (we still get them this time of year)
Onion
Cucumber
Avocado (I added this when making it at home.  Grandma doesn't use it)

Toast your bagel.  Slather on some cream cheese (I'm kind of heavy handed) and then load up your sliced veggies and attempt to maintain the structural integrity of the sandwich.

This is nothing mind blowing and certainly nothing new..but I love it.  Don't know how it took me this long to catch on.  I love the warm bagel and the cold veggies..weird but true.

Enjoy!
Molly

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago, Todd Alexander introduced me to toasted bagel with cream cheese and a thin slice of tomato. We've been enjoying them ever since during tomato season. This year when the tomatoes were just starting up I made a point of going to Wegman's to get some good bagels, not those doughy things they sell in the grocery store.

    As tomato season started to dry up, Mom and I started eating toasted bagel with cream cheese and pickled hot pepper rings. As we keep those year-round in the fridge, we're still enjoying them even now in November. Really good, by the way.

    ReplyDelete