Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stuffed Mushrooms

I made some stuffed mushrooms to take to a girls' night last night, and they were a hit.  After reading a couple of recipes online, I decided to just wing it.  The beauty of the stuffed mushroom is that I think you can adapt them for whatever flavor family you're craving or for how healthy or not you want them.  Here's what I did...


  • Cut the stems out of the mushrooms and set aside.  
  • Chop up the mushroom stems, a shallot, and a few cloves of garlic.  Saute the stems, shallot, and garlic in some butter.  Add some salt and pepper.
  • Dump a block of cream cheese (this is where the unhealthy side kicks in) in a bowl, mix in a package of chopped spinach.  Add the sauted shrooms mixture and stir it all up.
  • Add some shredded parm and bread crumbs. 
  • I then threw in some oregano and basil, but you could use whatever inspires you.
  • Toss the mushroom bottoms in olive oil and place in a baking dish.  Scoop some of the filling inside each one, top with a bit of parm and bake.  I baked them at about 325 for 15 minutes maybe?  I don't know, truthfully I wasn't paying attention.
Anyhow, they were delish.  I had a bit too much of the filling in each mushroom, but I wasn't complaining.  I made 24 to take the the party and 6 of us ate them all.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment