Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bruschetta Chicken

I realize I definitely didn't invent this recipe, but it's just what I threw together tonight.  It was super duper quick and pretty darned tasty.

I made a simple bruschetta by chopping up a tomato, garlic, and basil.  Drizzle that with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and set aside.

The I brushed a little balsamic vinegar and oil on a chicken breast, which I later cut in half when I realized that would speed up my time.  I put that in the grill pan since it was just me for dinner.  I always think things are better on the real grill, but sometimes the grill pan is just more convenient.

As it was grilling I steamed some broccoli and asparagus.  You could also put the asparagus on the grill which, again, would be better.  I also did a little tap dancing in front of the mirror in the hallway it was cooking, but you can go ahead and skip that step.

When the chicken was about done, I put some sliced mozzarella on top and let it get all melty.  When it was done, I put it on my plate and then topped it with a very healthy portion of the bruschetta and served it up with the broccoli and asparagus.

Start to finish, it was about 15 minutes I bet.  It tasted like balsamic-y, basil-y goodness.  The sweetness of the balsamic vinegar caramalized on the grill pan a bit.  Yum!  Summa time!

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment