Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kale Chips

Okay so you hear all about how kale is going to solve all the world's problems and all this, right?  I generally don't buy into it but I've been trying to have more veggie related snacks around the house.  Things like carrots and hummus, beets, etc.  Enter kale chips.

People go nuts about these things so I figured it was time to give them a try.  All you do is rip your kale into pieces and let it dry.  I don't have a salad spinner so I just let it sit on the counter for an hour.  Then you toss it with olive oil and stick it in the 375 degree oven for ~10 minutes or so.  When it comes out, sprinkle with salt.

That's the basic idea, you can do whatever you want.  At first when I tried it I thought, "I don't get what the big fuss is about.  It's pretty average tasting."  But then...I couldn't stop eating them!  They are addictive.  It's weird.

As I eat them on day 2, however, they are a little weird.  The crispness has turned into a more styrofoam texture.  I suppose it's best to make and eat them in the same day.  But honestly, I probably ate a half pound of kale yesterday, which may explain why my stomach felt like it was tied up in a knot..hmm.

Anywho, if you're trying to get more veggies in your diet, it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment