Thursday, April 19, 2012

Who buys the ice cream?

This doesn't really have anything to do with a recipe or healthy eating. Just a story for ya'll.

Yesterday in rehearsal I was working on a piece called Java Jiva with my chamber ensemble. The last phrase (unlike all the rest in the piece) has an eighth rest on beat one. Despite having rehearsed it, I of course had a couple kids come in on beat one rather than waiting for the rest. I was moved to tell them a story...

I told them the story about "buying the ice cream." How many times did we hear that on hikes..."if you get your feet wet, you have to buy the ice cream!" Of course I made the story all dramatic for them. Anywho the moral of the story was that who ever sang on the rest has to buy the ice cream for the choir.

It just reminded me of you guys. Enjoy your Thursday and don't get your feet wet!

Molly

1 comment:

  1. I managed to make a quick dinner with a quick cleanup tonight ('netti and 'nacon, with a salad, so it has no place on this blog of healthy food!), which afforded me about 30 minutes to actually sit down and play piano! I went through my Les Mis book a bit and came across, as I always do, the entire measure in "I dreamed a dream" that I have circled several times. This would be the measure of piano music without vocals that you (Molly) ALWAYS missed when we used to sing and play together. It impresses me no end to know that the difference between then and now is an awful lot of hard work on your part.

    ReplyDelete