Monday, May 14, 2012

Chicken Fancais Redux - Campfire Version

Andy's post about tuna fish and camping reminded me that I tried a variation on Chicken Francais to adapt it as a "one pot" camping meal.  Basically, if you pre-mix the dredge and carry it in a screw top container, substitute canned chicken white meat for fresh, and use lemon juice from concentrate, this becomes a no-refrigeration-needed meal.  I made it using two pots, one to cook the noodles (I used Pa Dutch egg noodles), the other to make the sauce with canned chicken chunks added.  Then I poured the sauce and chicken over the noodles and mixed it in to make a "one-pot" casserole type meal, freeing the other pot and burner for cooking a vegetable to accompany.   That's some pretty high tone eating for sitting around the camp fire.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment