Friday, June 22, 2012

Fruit Pizza

I don't think it's possible for me to celebrate the 4th of July without fruit pizza.  I'll be making it for the party we're having. 

For the crust:
1 egg
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 t cream of tartar
1/2 c butter, softened

Mix together, spread in a greased pan (I think I usually use a regular baking sheet.  This never seems like it's going to be enough crust, but it is.  Or I've made 1 1/2 recipes for the past several years - I can't remember which.)  Bake at 400 for 8 min then cool.

For the topping:

8 oz cream cheese (1 pk)
8 oz cool whip
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla
16 oz can crushed pineapple, drained

Mix together first 4 ingredients, then spread on cooled crust.  Top with pineapple, then assorted fresh fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I just made this for our 4th of July party. I added a bit of almond extract to the cream cheese frosting, and I liked the extra flavor it added. It goes really well with cherries for fruit. I could see trying it in the cookie crust instead to make it a bit more subtle. Another possibility would be to sub ground almonds/almond flour for some of the flour in the crust.

    ReplyDelete