Friday, June 8, 2012

Molly's Mayo-less Tuna Salad

I just got back from the gym and needed a quick bite before heading off to babysit.  I have recently decided that it's time for me to lose a little weight, so you may be hearing from me more frequently on here to keep myself honest.  I

For lunch I threw together a tuna salad that hit the spot.  If I would have had more veggies on hand I probably would have thrown them in.  However, this is what I did.

Throw some kalamata olives and capers into your tuna.  Done.  If you like your tuna salad to stick together a little more, throw some mustard in there.  I would literally eat mustard off a spoon (the spicy brown, not yellow), so I put mustard in mine.  I then threw that all on a bed of spinach and went to town.  It was delicious and nutritious!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. For an alternative stick-together, try non-fat yogurt as a base. I did a "tuna" salad (I was using mackerel)yogurt and diced cucumber) and found it worked great. I will have to try the kalamata olives and capers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, kalamata olives are the best in tuna salad. I made some with yogurt, but, ironically for me, thought it tasted a little sweet. I'll definitely try cucumber though - sounds like a nice way to add some moisture to the tuna. Olive oil and lemon juice also make a nice alternative dressing for tuna salad - maybe with some parsley thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I totally want credit for the mustard. I'll grant you the olives, but I'm taking the mustard idea.

    ReplyDelete